Urban Sketchers Edmonton is a loose group of sketch artists that sketched together for the first time on July 23, 2011, following the example of the great sketchy mothership, Urban Sketchers. We sketch on location in and around Edmonton and in places we visit on our travels. See us also on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/edmontonsketchers/
We typically meet on the first Saturday of each month at 11:00am, sketch for two hours and then meet for lunch and sharing of sketches and ideas.
As much as possible, we comply with the Urban Sketchers Manifesto which states:
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
Here are some simple guidelines for posting here and on the Facebook page.
Feel free to post:
● Sketches or journal pages
● Discussions or questions about sketching,, drawing materials, sketching processes
● Links to sketching related material such as books, videos, workshops, classes, other sketch groups
Please don’t post
● Links unrelated to sketching or journaling
● Rude or argumentative comments
● Spam or clearly pornographic material. These will be deleted and we may have to delete you from the group.